23 Feb 2011

WAVING NOT DROWNING



I called this picture "Waving not drowning" because of one of my favourite poems which is:
  
Not Waving but Drowning

Nobody heard him, the dead man,
But still he lay moaning:
I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.

Poor chap, he always loved larking
And now he's dead
It must have been too cold for him his heart gave way,
They said.

Oh, no no no, it was too cold always
(Still the dead one lay moaning)
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Stevie Smith
(via poem hunter http://www.poemhunter.com/)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Clara
    I much liked the photo although I'm not a big fan of poetry. But I was quite intrigued by your association.
    The mind sure has funny ways...
    Best
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joe, the photo with those words is "funny"...

    If our mind could make a photo... what would they be like...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good question. I guess there are not two minds alike.

    ReplyDelete

archives

Our favourite blogs: psychology, new technologies, politics, economics, literature, poetry, photos,